Formula E Season Five Pre-Season testing will finally begin tomorrow October 16 and run through October 19 in Valencia, Spain. This will be the first time the 22 Gen2 Formula E cars will be put through their paces around the Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia. The circuit which is 3.094km(1.923miles) in length and consists of 14 turns is a perfect testing circuit.
Formula E – Season Five Pre-Season Testing
It will be the first chance for the teams to see how they stack up against one another. It will be the debut race for many teams and drivers on the grid. Most of all, eyes will also be on the Formula E rookie drivers that will join the grid this year. Felipe Massa (Venturi Formula E Team), Alexander Sims (BMW i Andretti Motorsport), Gary Paffett (HWA RACELAB), Stoffel Vandoorne (HWA RACELAB) and Alexander Albon (Nissan e.dams).
The official pre-season test for the 2018/19 ABB FIA Formula E Championship begins tomorrow, here in Valencia! #FEtesting
Check out the official entry-list >> https://t.co/vhlc1s9GeI
— ABB Formula E (@FIAFormulaE) October 15, 2018
The Driver Tests
Unfortunately, teams GEOX DRAGON and Mahindra Racing have yet to release their complete driver line-up. GEOX Dragon said they will split testing between Max Gunther and Antonio Fuoco. It is expected that one of them will secure the second seat at the team. Fortunately, the team secured veteran Jose Maria Lopez for Season Five.
Mahindra Racing has yet to confirm any driver publicly before pre-season testing. Both seats are suspected to be open considering that Felix Rosenqvist will be racing in Indy Car in 2019. Nick Heidfeld has taken a position within Mahindra Racing. It will be exciting to see who they place in the car tomorrow!
Pre-Season Entry List By Team
- Envision Virgin Racing will have Sam Brid driving the #2 and Robin Frijns driving the #5 on all three days.
- Panasonic Jaguar Racing will have Nelson Piquet Jr. driving the #3 and Mitch Evans driving the #20 for three test days.
- HWA Racelab (Mercedes) will feature Stoffel Vandoorne in the #5 on Tuesday and Wednesday and Dani JuncAdella on Friday. Gary Paffett will drive the #17 on all three test days.
- GEOX Dragon will split time between Max Gunther and Antonio Fuoco in the #6. Gunther will drive Wednesday and during the morning of Tuesday and Friday. Fuoco will drive during the PM session on Tuesday and Friday. Jose Maria Lopez will drive the #7 on all three test days.
- NIO Formula E will feature Tom Dillmann in the #8 and Oliver Turvey in the #16 for all three test days.
- BMW i Andretti Motorsport will feature Alexander Sims and Antonio Felix da Costa in the #27 and #28 respectively for all three test days.
- Venturi Formula E team will have Felipe Massa in the #19 and Edoardo Mortara in the #48 for all three test days.
- Audi Sport Abt Schaeffler Formula E team will feature Lucas di Grassi in the #11 and Daniel Abt in the #66 on all three test days.
- Nissan e.dams. will have Alexander Albon and Sebastien Buemi driving the #22 and #23 on all three test days.
- DS Techeetah will feature defending Formula E Champion Jean-Eric Vergne in the #25 and Andre Lotterer in the #36 on all three test days.
- Mahindra Racing doesn’t have a confirmed list of drivers scheduled for testing. However, they do have two cars with the numbers 64 and 94 entered on the test list for all three days.
Embed from Getty Images